I have a favor to ask, if you stumble across this blog and you know me or my dear husband in real life, I ask you to understand why we have not told people in our day to day lives what we are going through. Instead of gossiping about us, come talk to us. Thank you.
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Please welcome

Please join me in welcoming



Larry is a 7 cell grade 2 embryo
Curly is a 8 cell grade 2 embryo
and
Mo is a10 cell grade 2 embryo.

I am officially PUPO!!!

I know people are going to ask why 3, well after a long talk with the doctor, it was actually my doctor who has been following me for 8 years who was there.  She said the chances that I will end up with Triplets is only about 5%.  Twins is in the 35 - 40% range. From Day one Mark and I have talked about it and we feel we would be able to handle twins, triplets freak us out, but with only a 5 percent chance we will take that.

Also if we did choose to only transfer 2 there is no chance that the embryo would make it to freezing, and even then would it be worth the money to freeze just one embryo when there is a chance it would not unfreeze.  Mark and I decided that if the universe meant for all 3 to take then that is what would happen.

How do Larry Curly and Mo compare to Ziggy and Zoe?  Well Zoe was a 4 cell grade 3 embryo and Ziggy was a 5 cell grade 3 embryo, so all ready these guys are doing much better then our first round of IVF.

Now the waiting game begins until Beta day on November 11th.  I still have not decided if I am going to POAS or not, although I may do one tomorrow or the next day to see if the trigger is out of my system yet.  For those unfamiliar with the process, they give you a shot of Hcg the pregnancy hormone 36 hours before the retrieval, which means for a few days I can get a positive pregnancy test even before the transfer happens.

I want to thank everyone for all the pixies, prayers and love you have all been sending our family, it means so much to have you following us, and when I am feeling down I can feel your love surrounding me.

18 comments:

Cambridge Girl said...

I wish with everything I have that these little guys get nice and comfy and grow, grow, grow.

Keya said...

Aww such cuuute names!! Wishing you the best!! grow little guys grow...mommy and daddy love you already!!

Babysteps said...

I am in the 2WW with ya!! Congrats on the transfer and at this point in the game, I agree on transfering 3 embies. Best of luck and I hope we both get out of this hell-hole!!!

Christine said...

I am rooting for Larry, Curly and Mo to implant nice and deep and to keep growing. Congrats on your PUPO status. Many pixies coming your way for your November 11th beta!

natasha | sohobutterfly said...

They are beautiful! Tons of stickiness!!

Haidee said...

Fingers, toes and everything crossed!! Good luck with the 2WW madness! I'm counting down with you because my first scan is 18th November so we can crazy together! Hehe.

Angie said...

What a lovely picture! Congrats on being PUPO. Hope to join you soon!

Brenda said...

Absolutely everything is crossed for you. Grow grow grow Larry, Curly and Mo!!!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! and I'm impressed with anyone who can resist POAS! :) I never can.

Mad Hatter said...

Yipppeee for threeeee! Thinking super positive for you for this cycle!
Love,
Maddy

threelittlekilos said...

good luck! i have everything crossed for you!

eloquenza said...

I am so happy for you and your DH! The u/s picture is absolutely beautiful!!

Michelle said...

Whoohoo for your 3 beautiful embabies. Good Luck!

Do I Have to Be a D.I.N.K.? said...

What great news! Hopefully three is your lucky number!

Amy said...

Sending you pixies everyday...I hope with all my heart that Larry, Curry, and Mo get mighty sticky and comfy :)

Glass Case of Emotion said...

Great news! Those sound like nice embies, hope this is your ticket!

Kathleen said...

congrats on being pupo! yippe. hope you have better results than i did. hang in there over these next 9 days. and my suggestion is to stay awya from the pee sticks.

Kathleen said...

congrats on being pupo! yippe. hope you have better results than i did. hang in there over these next 9 days. and my suggestion is to stay awya from the pee sticks.