I have a favor to ask, if you stumble across this blog and you know me or my dear husband in real life, I ask you to understand why we have not told people in our day to day lives what we are going through. Instead of gossiping about us, come talk to us. Thank you.
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, November 1, 2010

What's happening now

Thank you all for your well wishes,

I know there are a few people following this blog who have not personally dealt with Infertility and the procedures that go with it, so I am hoping that I can shed some light on what is involved with Infertility treatments.

I also ask if you have any questions please feel free to email me, or post your questions in the comment section and I will answer them to the best that I can.

I am off work today, one more day of resting and incubating.  Tomorrow I will be back to work.  Although I will back off on the heavy lifting and take it easy.

I did do a pregnancy test today and it came up negative.  I know some of you are thinking are you crazy?!?!  But I took the test to make sure the trigger shot was out of my system.  The trigger shot can give you a positive on the pregnancy test.  I wanted to take a test now so that I would know that it was out of my system and if I was seeing a positive it was a real one and not a false positive from the shot.

Today is One day past a 3 day transfer or 1dp3dt.  I thought I would share with you what is happening right now with Larry, Curly and Mo (LCM for short)

From the NYU Fertility Center's website

3-Day Transfer

Days Past
Transfer (DPT)
 Embryo Development
 One The embryo continues to grow and develop, turning from a 6-8 cell embryo into a morula
 Two The cells of the morula continue to divide, developing into a blastocyst
 Three The blastocyst begins to hatch out of its shell 
 Four The blastocyst continues to hatch out of its shell and begins to attach itself to the uterus
 Five The blastocyst attaches deeper into the uterine lining, beginning implantation 
 Six Implantation continues
 Seven Implantation is complete, cells that will eventually become the placenta and fetus have begun to develop 
 Eight Human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG) starts to enter the blood stream 
 Nine Fetal development continues and hCG continues to be secreted 
 Ten Fetal development continues and hCG continues to be secreted  
 Eleven Levels of hCG are now high enough to detect a pregnancy 


Well I am off to incubate!!

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

Love this post! Its a great way to educate others on what's happening. Incubate away!