I am current typing this minus one finger
Warning, gross stuff ahead.
Last night while I was making dinner I went to open a can of mushrooms, While using the lid to drain the mushrooms my hand slipped and my finger started to bleed
I cried out and DH who was in the kitchen with me started to swear. He put it under cold water and went to grab his medical kit.
I looked over to see blood pouring into the sink. DH comes back and tries to stop the bleeding.
When he finally takes a look he says that needs a few stitches. So off to the emergency clinic we go where I receive 5 stitches in my right index finger.
Now let me tell you, I am right handed and this morning my finger is so swollen I can't use it. Poor DH is having to do my hair, and help me get dresses...lol.
I am blaming this on DH, you see I am accident prone, which I might add is why I married a paramedic, not for love but for the medical supplies. Just the other day he was going through the first aid kit, and thought, wow this is still pretty stocked, Sarah hasn't cut herself in a few weeks. Ya, so instead of a bunch of little cuts I have one big one.!!!
Link to a totally nasty picture of my finger for those with a strong stomach


2 comments:
I think your finger looks AWESOME!! Of course, I personally think I could have made your sutures more beautiful myself... and I need the practice! Next time, give me a call! :P
Post a Comment