I have a favor to ask, if you stumble across this blog and you know me or my dear husband in real life, I ask you to understand why we have not told people in our day to day lives what we are going through. Instead of gossiping about us, come talk to us. Thank you.
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

New Year's Purge

I have been having some issues with my closet for a while now.

my dresser and closets were pretty much overflowing.

A lot of my clothing no longer fits me, (damn Gonal F bloat that never went away), it was pretty much a search and rescue mission each morning to try and find something to put on.

Yesterday I went out and did some shopping so that I might finally have clothing to wear but I knew the time had come, I had to tackle the mess that was my closet.

So when we got home I emptied my closet and my dresser, it looked like a tornado had gone through my bedroom.

I packed up all the clothing that doesn't fit but I want to keep, and took everything that I didn't like or had been hiding in the back of my closet for 3 years never being worn and ended up with 2 1/2 garbage bags filled with clothing to donate!!

It felt so good to be able to see what was in my closet when I got dressed this morning!!!

6 comments:

marilyn said...

YAY!!!
My closet and dressers are full too! That is it!! I am doing it tomorrow!!
I know it is going to feel so good! I am excited now. Tonight I am going to make a playlist..and tomorrow will be clean day! Thanks for the reminder and motivation!! :)
Happy New Year!

Kathleen said...

i LOVE purging! Absolutely one of my most favorite things in the world. It feels SOOO good!. Glad you are getting some stuff done.

TJ said...

Love that you donated the clothes. I need to do a massive purging of the whole house. I moved three years ago and I still have unpacked boxes in the attic!

Haidee said...

I did that exact same thing just a couple of days ago! I had so many lovely clothes that I no longer fit but didn't want to part with (most from when I was about 19!) but it was getting ridiculous and now I'm pregnant I'm not going to try to fool myself into thinking I will be able to fit them after baby when I haven't fit them for the last 3 years! Fertility drugs really do make you put on weight! Doesn't it feel great to de-clutter though!

Nick and Kristi said...

Good for you!!! I have been trying organize and donate tons of things in my house to try to make room for all this baby stuff and just things clean and tidy:)

Krystal said...

It honestly sounds like a good idea. How do you have energy to do so though? LOL I seriously have no energy yet to do those things and my closet so could use some cleaning up, might as well pack up the clothes I cannot fit into (progesterone plumped me up lol).