let me just start this post by saying please please please don't tell me this is my body getting me ready for the sleepless nights of the baby.
I am so tired, I just can't sleep at night. It doesn't help that DH has been snoring, Even still when he is on nights I am not sleeping so it is not totally him.
I feel like I am staring at a future of no sleep for the next 15 years!!!
I feel like I am so tired I can barely function!!
I know I am not going to sleep once the baby gets here, so shouldn't by body be taking advantage of whatever it can get??? I had tons of practice of staying up all day and night while I was in college so thanks but I don't need any more practice now!!!
And when someone says it is just by body getting ready for the sleepless nights of the baby, I just want to rip off their arm and beat them with it and then turn around and beat myself into a coma so I can get some sleep!!
I just want some sleep!!!!!!


4 comments:
No, it's not your body getting ready for the sleepless nights once you'll have a baby, it's your body working overtime and compensating in one hundred different ways for this wonderful pregnancy. For me, the insomnia was from sciatic pain and uncomfortable legs (I ended up with the blanket between them for the whole 9 months!) Everyone's different though. And sure, at first it's hard with a newborn, but they stay awake for shorter and shorter periods at night, and you get better and better at falling back asleep between feedings, that I'd say the pregnancy insomnia is WORSE than the sleepless nights with a newborn! AND the newborn stage lasts for a shorter period than this whole pregnancy insomnia. I guess it's one of those things that people, again, don't warn you about, with pregnancy, and it's another thing to look forward to once baby gets here!
Okay I have no words of wisdom. I just wanted to tell you that last part about ripping arms out and beating them with it made me laugh!!
I totally agree with Holly. The sleepless nights of pregnancy were far worse than having a new baby in the house. People laughed at me when my response to the "getting ready for baby" comment was to declare that there was NO WAY I would sleep that little once the baby was born. They thought I was being naive. I was completely right.
Anyway, all that to say that I'm sorry you've hit the sleepless stage. I wish I could tell you it will get better soon, but that might prove to be a lie.
*HUGS*
I hear you on the pregnancy insomnia...I am having the worst time sleeping:( Usually I am up because I am in pain from my shoulder blades because little sweetie is in my ribs....As we speak Im up with a heating pad on and catching up on blogs because I cant sleep....
Well I hope it gets better for you because the last trimester is really a B when it comes to sleep
Post a Comment