I have a favor to ask, if you stumble across this blog and you know me or my dear husband in real life, I ask you to understand why we have not told people in our day to day lives what we are going through. Instead of gossiping about us, come talk to us. Thank you.
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Snowed in, bonding and Boobs

Well we have lots of snow here today.  I am watching my Cat (the one DH calls the stupid one) jump up in the window trying to catch the big fluffy snowflakes as they fall.

I am staying inside today, while the ultrasound the other day put our minds at ease, I am still worried about this pregnancy.  I am scared of a slip and fall or a car accident in the bad weather.  I know DH is worried about me too.  He works in the Emergency Medical field,  and since I have become pregnant he feels that sometimes his days are filled with miscarriages and SIDS cases.  I know on days like this when he is at work he worries about me too, so I think he feels better knowing I am safe and warm inside.

I am feeling a lot better about the pregnancy now, I think now I need to feel little Mo moving around  I know I kept saying I need this and I need that to feel better, I just need to feel Mo mover every day.  Right now I stare at the ultrasound picture and I can't believe that this is really happening. 

Don't get me wrong I love Mo already and I love talking to the ultrasound picture and talking about plans, I feel like I am bonding, but I still don't feel like Mo is inside of me.  I feel like when I am talking to the picture it is inside of someone else, not me.  When we had the ultrasound I couldn't believe that the pictures were coming from my stomach.  Does that sound weird??

So I have decided that instead I will continue the purging of  and cleaning streak I was on a few weeks ago.  I have gone through my underwear drawer today.  I ended up tossing a whole bunch of bras, cute ones, ones I love, ones DH use to love on me.  And I came to the realization that my boobs are never going to be the same.   I found that all the hormones from IVF had already made changes in the girls, but pregnancy is going to take a whole different toll on them.

4 comments:

Kelly said...

I feel the same way. I still can't believe it's happening and that those ultrasound pictures are inside of me. My husband is concerned about me being outside in the weather also. I have strict orders not to even sweep off the front steps. I think that's going a little overboard, but if he wants to take care of all that stuff, fine by me! :)

Rosachka said...

Sarah, believe me it is nice that you are staying indoors today. We had to drive to Scarborough (past Beaches) from our neck of the woods - and it wasn't a pleasant experience - almost got rammed on 404!

TJ said...

I hope you can start feeling Mo soon! Hopefully it won't be hard kicks. Gentle love taps to Mommy, I hope!

tara @ the every things said...

i felt the same with my pregnancy,
now im scared to do anything with a baby!

good luck with everything! :)
& hang in there, the pay off of worrying to will be soon!

ICLW #123