I have a favor to ask, if you stumble across this blog and you know me or my dear husband in real life, I ask you to understand why we have not told people in our day to day lives what we are going through. Instead of gossiping about us, come talk to us. Thank you.
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

To out myself or not!

My brother is getting married to a fantastic girl this summer, and I am in the bridal party.

I am working hard to help out, although sometimes I feel weird because the other girls in the bridal party have know FSIL for all their lives.

Lately I have been struggling a bit with the whole Infertility think, with IVF #2 in the near future and looming in my mind.

I have also been going back and forth with feeling low in the dumps and feeling great mentally.

I know some of the girls might "unofficially" know about my situation,

I am struggling with this, I am just wondering if I should come out of the Infertility closet to them.

9 comments:

Jo said...

For what its worth, I have never regretted "outing" myself to anyone. Sure, some people still don't understand and will make ignorant comments, but for the most part people have been wonderfully supportive.

In my opinion, the more people who know, the more people can be there to lift you up/hold you together when you need it.

Hugs,
Jo

Robin said...

I hate that whole who knows (because you told them) and who "unofficially knows" because someone else told them crap. It's easier to be out in the open, but sometimes when I have told I feel like people pity me, or I get that usual unwanted advice. UgH. Tough decision.

Good luck in the wedding.. and by the way, I saw your post below about healthy pizza. Ahem. Where is the recipe? I am dieting and I would LOVE to have something pizza related right about now!

Thanks for comment on my blog. Good luck with IVF 2. I start IVF cycle 1 on Thursdday (well, about to start the BCPS, etc)

Robin
ICLW #151 - Http://lookingformykeys.blogspot.com

Glass Case of Emotion said...

I agree with Jo, I have never regretted "outing" myself either. It has only helped, for the most part. If you think it will make it less stressful for you, than do it.

And, also, those highs and lows with IVFs- ugh- I can so relate!

Haidee said...

I'm with the other girls, I have never regretted being open about my infertility journey. I have also found that by being open about it I have made it less of a big deal and less of an uncomfortable talking point for people, therefore making it easier for me to cope with. Good luck with your decision!

ICLW

Kelly said...

If you're comfortable (and would be more comfortable with them knowing), then I say go for it.

Heather said...

I just read your ICLW post. We have a lot in common. I also struggled with ovarian cysts/possible cancer and a oopherectomy.

FWIW, I hate being "out" with people (other than strangers on the internet. LOL!). I am a very private person and I really hate talking about something so personal. But if it feels right, I think you should go with it.

Happy ICLW!

Anonymous said...

I have actually regretted a little bit that I started out so open about my infertility. Now that it is taking much more time and intervention than I imagined, I would prefer to keep it more private. --But I tend to be a private person.

Good luck with the decision!

(and happy ICLW)

Ashlee G. said...

I'm still trying to figure out if I should out myself too. I hide behind my blog. I figure if they're my friends they can read about it on there. I'm chicken.

good lukc with your decision though! You can do it!

heartincharge said...

Tough question. I go back and forth too. Lucky for me, my DH does not want to tell so I don't have to decide. Let us know what you do and how it goes.