I have a favor to ask, if you stumble across this blog and you know me or my dear husband in real life, I ask you to understand why we have not told people in our day to day lives what we are going through. Instead of gossiping about us, come talk to us. Thank you.
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Nutritionist

Yes I know I have been a bad blogger lately, with no new posts.  I was feeling kinda crappy for the first half of the week, but I am getting back to myself now.

I saw the Nutritionist for the first time yesterday.  She didn't tell me anything I wasn't expecting to hear.  I am overweight and have a poor diet.  We went through some of the problems I was having and she has given me a list of what I should be eating.  I think I can do this!!   I have done it before, I just need to get on the wagon and stay on it, and now I just have to get DH fully on board.

When I told the Nutritionist about our upcoming IVF cycle she started asking questions about why we were having problems.  When I told her that I have these cysts that are always there and is not PCOS she started telling me about a Naturopath that she thought I might be interested in talking to.

Now don't get me wrong, I do believe in alternative medicines, I did acupuncture and Chinese medicine for almost a year trying to get pregnant.  I know it works, other then not getting pregnant I did have chances in my body.

But my case is different, I have been passed from doctor to doctor and I have seen some of the top doctors in the field of Reproductive Endocrinology, who have consulted with all their RE friends, and they have not been able to find another case like mine, I just have a hard time believing that anyone has the answers I need/want.

I am so tired of people asking if I have tried this or tried that, this worked for them and that worked for their best friend's sister's husband's friend's wife.  After almost 10 years of dealing with this problem I think if there was some sort of treatment that was going to work we would have come across it by now.

It is not that I have given up hope, I am just being realistic.  While I appreciate that people are only trying to help, it drives me up the wall!!!

2 comments:

natasha | sohobutterfly said...

I hope you can stick to your new healthy lifestyle! It takes a lot of work sometimes, but it's not so bad if you convince yourself food is just fuel for the body. And don't forget to let yourself have treats once in a while! As for my Hubby, he cooks what I eat - even if it's steamed broccoli, which is is very last favorite! He's not allowed to pull any funny stuff/faces, or he gets THE DEATH STARE! Bwahahahahaaaaaaa!

Haidee said...

Just wanted to wish you luck with everything! I am in prep mode for IVF too, finding giving up coffee the hardest part!