I have a favor to ask, if you stumble across this blog and you know me or my dear husband in real life, I ask you to understand why we have not told people in our day to day lives what we are going through. Instead of gossiping about us, come talk to us. Thank you.
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Learning to Cook again

I have decided to look at this new way of eating like I looked at quiting smoking.  I have to go back to square one and learn how to live again with this new healthy way of eating, just like I had to learn to live again as a non-smoker.

When I quit smoking it was hard at first, it was like living in a whole new world, it was hard at first but with each passing day it got easier and easier. 

This is how I am going to look at healthy eating.  Right now I feel like a young girl trying to learn how to cook again.    All the recipes I have either need to be relearned in a healthier way or be filed away for a special treat.   So I am learning to cook all over again.

Last night I tried a new spin on a "no carb" taco dish.  It didn't turn out too well, but with a little tweaking it might be very yummy!

So this is going to be my life for a while now, figuring out new, yummy healthy recipes!

6 comments:

jill's infertility document said...

Good for you! And maybe you can share some with us on the blog?

ICLW

Ms Dreamer said...

Happy ICLW! I'm always on the lookout for healthy recipes that don't taste like cardboard :)

I totally dig the idea of K's mom that you put on my blog (thank you!).

Here's hoping that your IVF takes this year, and you get a sticky BFP.

Jocelyn said...

Happy ICLW

I'm sure in no time you'll find fun, easy little recipes of your own to share. Found this:

http://www.coles-feed-your-family.com.au/

Maybe you don't have a Coles (I'm in Australia) but the ingredients should be in any supermarket I guess.

Praying for the best for you...

Drop by Sister Village to visit us if you get a sec

Selena said...

You and I are doing something similar when it comes to cooking. You are starting over healthy (which I did back in 1999 when I was diagnosed with diabetes, btw.) I am starting over trying to find fibro-friendly ways to cook, i.e. crockpot, oven, etc. I've posted some yummy crockpot recipes that feature lots of veggies over on my blog. Can't wait to see the recipes you post here...

Anonymous said...

Happy ICLW! Here's wishing you the very best of luck with the new eating plan and new way of looking at food. Hope it proves to be a brave new world and that ticker on the side of your blog hits your goal very soon. Good luck!

Liddy said...

Wishing you best of luck with the new eating plan!

An ICLW Visit from #107 (mfi, speedskating, strength)
liddy @ the unfair struggle