This is my first ICLW although I did comment on a bunch of blogs from last months!
I live with my amazing husband and my two little fur babies Poppy and Lucy!My infertility journey might be a little different then some because I knew for many years before we started TTC that I would have problems.
It was back in the fall on 2000 when I was dating and ex boyfriend, I started having pains when I was active and when I was reaching for things. After few months of this getting worse I went to my doctor who sent me for an ultrasound 3 days before The Christmas Holidays were starting. I thought it was strange that all through the ultrasound the tech kept asking me if I was on fertility drugs, back then I had no idea about fertility treatments.
The day after my ultrasound the phone rang late in the day, it was the doctors office telling me the doctor needed to see me right away and could I come in at 7:30 the next Morning. After a sleepless night I went into to see her, and was told that I have multiple ovarian cysts on both my ovaries, I was going to have to see an OB-GYN, but in the mean time, I was to take it easy and not to anything that might cause the cysts to rupture or my ovaries to twist.
I was referred to a OB-GYN who had a pretty long wait to get an appointment. So I called a couple times a week asking about cancellations. Finally I got a spot and I was in! The doctor sent me for more testing, and decided I needed to have a Laparoscopy to take a look. From that I ended up with 4 holes and an incision from one hip to the other, they drained over a liter of fluid from my abdomen. A few months later I went back for another ultrasound only to find all the cysts had returned. The strange part is that my history and blood work all rule out PCOS.
It turns out my OB-GYN was talking about my case one night at a cocktail party. Over champagne and hors d'oeuvres my ovaries were talked about and two other doctors expressed interested in seeing me. I was first sent to see a Gynecological Oncologist to rule out cancer. That was the longest 6 weeks of my life. I was also put in a Cat Scan from head to to. When Cancer was ruled out I was sent to another doctor.
During this time my boyfriend of 4 years and I broke up. I was devastated. My life was crumbling around me, the term Oophorectomy was being tossed around. I was now in the hands of one of the top Reproductive Endocrinologist in our country.
Fast forward a year and my husband and I started dating, he is a wonder man, my soul mate, I told him right from day one about my problems, and he was understanding and supportive. It was decided that we would put me on Depo-Provera to try and preserve my fertility. 4 years later, in 2006, we were married and came off of the Depo and told to try for a while. It took almost a year for my periods to return, and again we were told to try. In 2008 I was sent for a Hysterosalpingogram which showed that something wasn't right. Finally in July of 2009 I went in for another operation that showed that my tubes were basically blocked with scar tissue and parts of my tubes and ovaries were stuck to bowel and other parts of my abdomen. Everything was freed up, but at our follow up appointment we were told that IVF was going to be our only option to have a child. These were the words I had been expecting to hear for almost 9 years, but there it was on paper, we were never going to have a child on our own.
This spring we went though our first IVF, Only 4 eggs were retrieved, one was not mature and only two embryos called Ziggy and Zoe formed and were transferred. They didn't take and we got a BFN for this first cycle.
So this summer is now just a waiting game to start again in the fall. This blog started as a way to keep those close to me updated on the progress of the IVF treatment, but has now grown into more. Just a few short months ago I took the permissions off my blog and opened up to the world. In this time I have found some other amazing blogs and the support of others who are dealing with Inferility as well.
Wow, that was long, Congrats if you made it through all of that!
Thanks for reading and Welcome!




18 comments:
I loved reading your story. I'm sorry it's been such a hard, long journey for you. I'm crossing my fingers and toes for your next IVF cycle.
Love your wedding photo here! Wish I knew what you were laughing so hard about!! :)
Happy ICLW!
happy iclw! it looks like we have similar ttc issues. i hope we both have success with our next ivf. Please do blog what your nutritionist shared with you to get rid of stomach pains!
Thanks for commenting on my blog! Your journey has been a long one, and I hope that you soon have the child you dream of in your arms.
Big hugs,
Jo
Wow - here from ICLW - that's crazy how much you've been there. Wonderful that you have such a wonderful husband to support you through it all though!
Thanks for stopping by! I can't believe they drained a liter and then the cysts came back. Crazy! Good luck iwth the eating healthy -I do normally but even that's hard a lot of the time, but I'm glad your stomach pains and heartburn are gone!
teamjinfred.wordpress.com
What a journey you have had! I wish you the best in your quest to be a mommy. Thanks for sharing yoru story.
~ICLW #60
Here from ICLW! Thank you for sharing your story and good luck as you move forward in your journey.
Hi Sarah! Thanks for stopping by my blog!!! :)
My heart just broke when I read what you've been through--how wonderful, though, that your DH has been so wonderful and supportive! I'm hoping that this next IVF brings you your BFM, and will be reading along to see how your journey goes.
As for Elioenai, my sister picked it. It's Hebrew for "My eyes look to God." I have had a hard time grieving our lost twin, but his/her name reminds me to just keep my eyes on God.
Anyway, thanks again for stopping by--happy ICLW! :)
How difficult it must have been dealing with all of this pain! I'm so sorry you've had to experience all of this.
I'm keeping everything crossed for you for your next IVF cycle.
Welcome to ICLW, its my first also. Thank you for sharing your story, I look forward to following it.
Thanks for you comment on my blog! I'm new to ICLW too. I enjoyed reading your story. I hope your next IVF is a success! P.S. I love your kitty - I even played with her. :D
Enjoy your first ICLW!
Such a long journey you've already had. I hope motherhood doesn't elude you for too much longer.
ICLW
#41
http://themissruby.blogspot.com/
Thanks for stopping by my blog. You've had quite the journey. I read some of your back posts and your posts really hit home for me. I deal with depression too and have struggled with whether to write about it or not.
Thank you for sharing and I look forward to hearing more about your journey.
ICLW #161
Returning your visit! What a rough journey you've had! I'm sorry you have had to go through that. Hope the next IVF brings you a BFP!
Thanks for stopping by my blog! Good luck on your upcoming IVF!
Beth #148
Hi there-
first of all, great wedding picture!
It sounds like you have been through a lot, I am glad you made your blog public, there is a ton of support here! Now we can cheer you through your second and successful ivf!
Hi from ICLW! Good luck with your cycle in the fall, hoping it gets you your BFP!
~ICLW 110
What a story! I too was told IVF was my only option to conceive and I did 6 cycles! I now have my family and I blog to help others through the stress. I just added your link and I hope it can be a useful resource to you. I'm your newest follower! Happy ICLW! (#45 & 46)
Post a Comment