I have a favor to ask, if you stumble across this blog and you know me or my dear husband in real life, I ask you to understand why we have not told people in our day to day lives what we are going through. Instead of gossiping about us, come talk to us. Thank you.
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

What a difference a year makes

Saturday was my birthday, 

Last year, 8 days before my birthday we found out that IVF #1 was unsuccessful.  I was raw and numb,

I made my friends swear not to make a big deal over my birthday,  I am not sure if I was sober at all during my birthday weekend, (okay maybe it wasn't that bad) . I ended up almost 5 hours away from home with friends drinking in a parking lot of a hotel, trying not to think or feel. Which doesn't always work out well when you end up having to make the 5 hour drive back by yourself and have way to much time to think!!!

This year  I actually spent a most of the day at the mechanic with my car getting a very expensive car repair.  But all day I kept thinking back to where I was last year and where I am this year.

Last year I hurt so bad, I couldn't even picture that I would be where I am today.

This year I could feel my child kicking in my stomach.


Want to know what my Birthday wish was???

I wished that all my friends (Both in real life and my blogging and online Friends) would get to feel their child kicking in their stomach one day!!

Here are a few pictures from the last little while

My 25 week bump


   
My Kitten Lucy and the bump

Lucy guarding "her baby"

8 comments:

Willow said...

Happy birthday and yay for a much better year in the works! Also, that's just the sweetest birthday wish ever :)

Keya said...

Happy b'day! What a cute bump :) I am so glad this b'day is different from last year's.

Rosachka said...

Happy Birthday!!! and thank you for an amazing birthday wish, really hoping that it will come true soon!!!

Tippy said...

Happy Birthday Sara! I'm so glad that this year's birthday was way better than last. You look beautiful :-) And thank you for the birthday wish. I hope it comes true!!!

BU said...

I'm so glad that you had a kicking baby to distract you from your expensive car repair! Happy birthday. :)

Stephanie said...

I came across your blog early from the ICLW list...I am a few weeks behind you in the pregnancy journey and look forward to following along with you.

TJ said...

When you meet someone with the same hopes and dreams, and then you see that person have their wish fulfilled, it uplifts you like nothing else! Thank you for your birthday wish, it means the world to me! xoxo

foxy said...

Oh my gosh, your belly is beautiful! and I love how cute your kitty is too!