I was so looking forward to having a happy post but I just don't feel like it.
We did our Prenatal classes on the weekend which have just upped my anxiety levels. I know I can handle the delivery, and there is good drugs to be had if that is too much, but what do I take for the next 20 years after that?? The bathing demo on Sunday scared the crap out of me, I got home to have a nap and I swear I dreamed of every way I could mess up bath time and hurt my baby.
Then on Monday I failed my 1 hour glucose test. While everyone keeps telling me it is no big deal it is a big deal to me!!! Just once I want to go into one of these tests and get an A+ and a gold star!!!
We also got a call on Saturday that our trailer was damaged in the wind storm on the weekend, so now we have to get up there to go see how much damage was done.
Ugh, just one of these days I want to be able to come on here and blow sunshine out my ass and tell everyone about the rainbows and unicorns that are dancing around life...is that too much to ask???


5 comments:
LOL! Loved how you ended your post:) I am so sorry that everything is stressful right now. I remember taking the prenatal (marathon) class a month or so ago and I have two children already (through adoption)and it scared the crap out of me and I felt OVERWHELMED!!! You will be fine, I know that is hard to believe especially with the pregnancy hormones etc...
Hope your week gets better! ((HUGS))
Being a doula I can tell you that bath time freaks EVERYONE out. That is the reason why I get most of my phone calls after the baby is born. Often I have to go to their home to watch them bath the baby the first time they do it. After that thought, bath time is smooth sailing. You wont hurt your baby, but you are not alone in thinking so. So sorry about the trailer and the glucose test. Hopefully you can take it again and get the A+ you were looking for!
Oh, hun. (((HUGS)))
I'm so sorry things are feeling so overwhelming now. Not that it makes it any easier but I would imagine every soon-to-be parent is terrified of stuffing up something. Who was it who said the reason people don't remember life as a baby is so they can't remember all the mistakes their parents made? Anyway, I'm sure that once this bub arrives you'll be fine though, you'll be an amazing mother.
I would love to see sunshine blow out of your ass. Seriously. Unicorns dancing would be a great sight too.
xoxo T
Post a Comment