Well, I was at home sick today because I woke up with my sinuses draining down the back of my throat.
I got a phone call from my OB's office, I failed my 2 hour glucose tolerance test and they have now diagnosed me with Gestational Diabetes.
This is not the news that I wanted to hear. I now get to spend tomorrow afternoon with an Endocrinologist and dietitian at the hospital.
I was devastated by the news, I know that millions of women go through this every year, and I am sure after my appointment tomorrow I will be feeling better, I am just going to wallow a little bit today.
At least all my tears this afternoon have cleared out my sinuses and we will be doing more frequent ultrasounds so I will be able to keep tabs on Mo!!


7 comments:
I know that this is not the news that you wanted to hear, but I think you are right after tomorrow you will have a better handle on things. If there is ANYTHING that I can do please let me know! I have type 2 diabetes so I have been dealing with managing my diabetes all throughout my pregnancy. The testing (finger pricks) are no fun, but you get use to them, and if you have to take insulin (which I do during my pregnancy) those too aren't too horribly bad (the fertility med shots are WAY worse!). I am thinking about you, and praying that all goes well.Again feel free to contact me! madhenmom@gmail.com
How unfair! Especially when you've been eating veggie trays as opposed to pounds of chocolate! Hang in there - it does happen to a lot of women and you'll get through it, but it still is not the news you want, I know.
I'm so sorry Sara... I hope that you find more comfort and peace at the endo tomorrow. Big hugs.
my doctors said I am pre pre diABETIC. Please do post about your experience with this. I have heard from others it is doable and goes away once you have a baby. How are you feeling?
My GD was discovered when I failed my GTT and had some staining a preterm labor later that day (before the results were even back). Was hospitalized to stop labor and spent a week there regulating insulin. Still delivered 6 wks early and all was fine. Second IVF baby, I got GD at 11 wks which sucked to do insulin that long. repeat preterm labor but home bedrest for 6wks adn then he too came almost 6 weeks early! But with both kids, GD really did end instantaneously after birth. I told friedns to bring me milky way bars when they came to the hospital to see the baby! I did suck, but it forced me to do healthy things and watch what I ate and after all those years of fertility shots, these were a joke! Good luck! ICLW #156
not the best news, but it is easily manageable, and won't hurt your baby at all, may make it chubby but thats about it. So while its a pain in the bum for you and having to restrict yummy food is aweful your baby is growing well and is healthy.
take care
That is too bad! I hope your meetings with the endocrinologist and dietician went well. You are doing such a good job taking care of baby Mo, remember that. :)
Happy ICLW!
Post a Comment