I have a favor to ask, if you stumble across this blog and you know me or my dear husband in real life, I ask you to understand why we have not told people in our day to day lives what we are going through. Instead of gossiping about us, come talk to us. Thank you.
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, April 7, 2011

My First Scare

I ended up in L&D for a little bit last night, not to worry, everything is just fine, just a mild freak out on my behalf.

It turned out to be a poorly timed Nap on Mo's part, along with some Braxton-Hicks and I am embarrassed to admit there is a chance I peed myself.

It started off at work yesterday when I felt this weird sensation and then my underwear was wet.  WTF??    Around this time, Mo decided it was time to go for a nap and stopped moving around.

I freaked out, left work early.  My husband was not panicking at all, but I was freaked out.  I finally called Triage and they suggested I come in to be checked.  So off we went to the hospital.

I got hooked up to the fetal monitor and as soon as they hooked that thing up Mo started playing with the monitor, kicking at it and swimming around.

Long story short, both Mo and I are okay, I am not leaking any fluid and everything is sealed up tight.  The hospital was glad I came in,  and didn't treat me like I was wasting their time at all.

So that was my first real "freak out" of the pregnancy, pretty good that I almost got to 25 weeks before having my first panic.

8 comments:

AnotherDreamer said...

Whew, glad it wasn't anything. No freak outs until now is pretty good ;) But don't feel bad about it, don't hesitate to get checked out.

Do I Have to Be a D.I.N.K.? said...

Glad everything is ok!

Kathleen said...

im sure i would have been freaking out. fyi, i laughed out loud when you said there was a good chance you pee-d yourself. i'm not trying ot make light of the situation, but it just makes you realize all of the fun things that happen to one's body when you are pregnant, huh?

Kelly said...

Sooo glad that all is ok!

marilyn said...

scary..!! that is great everything is okay:)

Anonymous said...

unfortunately the peeing part is common :(
you could wear liners to help

Rosachka said...

Happy that this scary story has a happy ending! My sis had a similar scare when she was pregnant and was happy to get additional u/s of her baby. Hoping that this is the first and the last scare for you and baby Mo!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad this was just a scare - glad you are doing well :)