I have a favor to ask, if you stumble across this blog and you know me or my dear husband in real life, I ask you to understand why we have not told people in our day to day lives what we are going through. Instead of gossiping about us, come talk to us. Thank you.
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, November 28, 2011

Odds

Well here we go again, my fears in life come down to odds.

I woke up last night a couple of times with tears streaming down my face.  I am scare for my little boy.

We have been told the odds of death occuring during this surgery are between .5 and 1 percent.  The odds of other things like damage to the heart,

The odds of suffering from Infertility 15%

The odds of James being born with Tetralogy of Fallot .05 percent

So you can understand why odds like 1 percent scare the crap out of me.

James has been on the loosing end  of statics all his life.  He has fought back from the time he was a little zygote to be here today,

Yet again this is another scar that has been left on me by Infertility.  Years ago when you told me odds like .5 or 1 % I would have thought well you have 99 - 99.5 % chance things will go in your favor.  But since many times I have felt like the universe is dumping on me I am struggling to see things that way no matter how hard I try.

Ugh.....7 days, 7 days and we can start the healing process

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not one who's good with odds either but please try to focus on the 99%. I'll be thinking good thoughts for you, your husband and little James. Hugs.

Anonymous said...

Praying for the 99% or 99.5% for James and your family!

Natalie said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I know it so hard to think positive! It some times helps me to just breathe in deeply the moment. Hug that little boy of urs and just breathe.

Do I Have to Be a D.I.N.K.? said...

Thinking of you and James!

marilyn said...

aw man!!! Poor little guy..and you guys have gone through so much!! So much love for this little guy:) This must be so very hard...I am thinking of you...
hugs