I thought I would do a little recap of the Roller Coaster of 2010.
- It started off on a high note and DH and I left on New Years Day for a week long all inclusive Love and Drunk Fest in Cuba]
- We then started off on the adventure of IVF #1. In February when I started the birth control Pill I remember being so excited and filled with hope!
- At the end of February I started dealing with the side effects of the medication, migraines, nausea and vomiting, feeling so horrible made things a little on DH and I, so we saw the councilor and things started to get better, I was filled with Hope again.
- At then end of March we got the news that the IVF didn't work. DH and I were crushed, we were both trying to deal with it without talking to each other because neither one of us wanted to bring the other one down.
- I celebrated my 32nd Birthday in April by getting completely wasted and trying to numb myself from the pain of yet another birthday with empty arms.
- Through May and June I continued to feel sad and numb. I didn't know how to feel. I was up one day and down the next, I struggled with my feelings. The decision was made to start IVF #2 with my first period that happened after my brothers wedding in September
- July and August started to bring back some happiness. With all the wedding events in full swing, there was no time to be sad, with all the joyful events!! At the end of the month, DH and I got to travel to New York City for 5 days and had a wonderful vacation!
- September brought my brother's wedding to an amazing women that I am truly blessed to call my Sister (in law)! Their wedding day also started the adventure of IVF # 2!
- At the end of September I slipped into a pretty deep depression. All the feelings from IVF #1 came flooding back, I was stuck in a negative spiral downwards. The harder I fought to try to get back up the further I fell.
- Starting at the beginning of the stims I got back onto my anti depressants and started to feel much better
- By the time Transfer Day came DH and I were looking at all the positive signs that were happening this cycle.
- 7 days after our Transfer I saw my first ever second line on a pregnancy test
- 9 days after transfer the line was even darker
- 11 days after the transfer on Remembrance Day it was confirmed that I was pregnant!
- Telling our family and friends and having them share the excitement with us.
For many years now I have been wishing for the year to be over in hopes that the next one would be better, but knowing that it would suck just like the year before. But for the first time since 2005/2006 new year I am actually excited for a new year to come!!!


5 comments:
HAPPY New Year!!!!! Hope you have a FABULOUS 2011!!!!
Happy New Year! I'm glad this year has ended on a good note, but totally understand how you're feeling with the worry. It really does steal our happiness. I think it'll be easier down the road - like at big appointments (like the 20 weeker mark) but right now it's just overwhelming. I'm wishing you well!
Happy New Year!!! Wishing you that this new year brings you only happiness and positive thoughts!!! and that it will be 3 of you greeting 2012!!!
Thank you for your support!!!
Cheers to a Happy New Year!!! and for both of us no Fertility Tx's...Thank God:)
How lovely you are going into a new year with a very different story than recent years.
It is understandable - after all you have experienced - to feel some trepidation. Just try to keep belief in sight each day, and the days will turn into weeks, the weeks into months, and before you know it - you will be there!
Best wishes!
LS x
Post a Comment