I have a favor to ask, if you stumble across this blog and you know me or my dear husband in real life, I ask you to understand why we have not told people in our day to day lives what we are going through. Instead of gossiping about us, come talk to us. Thank you.
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Farts and Markmas!

I want to thank Mrs. H over at A Second Line for the inspiration for this post.  She had brought up one of the more embarrassing signs of pregnancy, the gas!!

Now I am a firm believer that women don't fart, they fluff!  But what has been coming out of my body lately can be called nothing other then farts. At work, in my car, in bed at night, there is no end of gas leaving my body. 

A few weeks ago, before we had told the world that we were pregnant, DH and I were dressed up and out at a year end banquet with our close friends at a hotel.  Myself, DH and a 3 of DH's closest male friends had gone up to one of the hotel rooms to drop some stuff off.  The guys were joking around, letting a few rip before we got on the elevator to go back down,  I decided when we got into the elevator to show off my new found talent, so I let one rip!  Let me tell you as we got to the ground floor, I had these 4 boys gagging and bowing down to me!!  Now that is some talent!!

 There is the down side of this gas, like when I am at work I hate sitting around waiting for someone to leave my office so I can let one go, and the worst is those ones that you think will be okay, but end up being SPD (Silent but Deadly), I now keep a bottle of heavily scented hand cream on my desk that I quickly use some when the smell gets bad, some days my hands have never been so moisturized.

 DH has learned not to even attempt to compete with me these days because I will win!! 

Speaking of my amazing husband also need add that today is his 40th birthday!!

So to the man who has been caring for me and baby Mo over the past few weeks I want to say a big

"Merry Markmas!!!  I love you so much baby!!!






9 comments:

Rosachka said...

First of all: Happy Birthday to your DH!!!

I don't know the verdict yet, but I've been bloated for some time now :) So the stuff about the office, even though hilarious, is so true. Thanks for the tip with hand lotion - didn't think about that.

MrsH said...

You are a strong woman for tackling that one, I say! Happy Birthday to your dear husband, he does look sweet and kind.

Katie said...

LOL. That's hilarious! Thanks for stopping by my blog! Merry Christmas and happy ICLW!

arohanui said...

Love this! Thanks for visiting my blog and congratulations on your pregnancy!! Have a wonderful Christmas :)

Emby said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! Your words are encouraging. Congrats on being 9 weeks pregnant! I have been known to do the same thing with hand lotion if I have gas.

Lex said...

Ahh to be 9 weeks pregnant and to have gas! I miss the good ol days! Congratulations and have wonderful holidays :)
I hope your symptoms let up soon as you reach the 2d trimester.

MoonNStarMommy said...

Happy Big 40 to your Hubby!! And LOL on the gas. Been married to my husband for 4 years now and he has never heard me....er... fluff... ever... he doesn't think I do. LOL...

Happy ICLW from #37 and HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!

Nick and Kristi said...

Congrats!!! Also thanks for the sweet comment...I sure hope that the sickness gets better for you:) Happy Holidays

Anonymous said...

oh I needed this laugh! You are hilarious!!! Love the fart jokes. i amnot pregnant yet...but maybe soon in 2011..hoping for all those farts!!! lol
Hmm...are you gassy..is it painful..or do they just come unexpectantly?