I have a favor to ask, if you stumble across this blog and you know me or my dear husband in real life, I ask you to understand why we have not told people in our day to day lives what we are going through. Instead of gossiping about us, come talk to us. Thank you.
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

What I have been up to!

I know I have been a little behind on blogging lately but it is because we have been super busy!  So figured I would update you all on some of our adventures.

  • At the end of August DH and I traveled to New York City with some friends for a conference.   Well actually DH had the conference, I shopped, ate and walked all over NYC while DH was stuck in classes!!.  I loved the place!!!  It was pretty funny though, I have a horrible sense of direction, I get lost in my home town, but for some reason I was instantly able to find my way around NYC.  I instantly knew which direction was North, I was so good at directions other tourists started stopping me to ask for directions.
  • I am a Photographer.  My full time gig is with a National retailer photographing products for their website.  I also run a very small Portrait and Wedding Company called Swinging Monkey Photography (yes this is a shameless plug for me!!)  Right now with working full time (I need the benefits and DH's just don't cover as much) I don't have a lot of time to promote myself, you need to get your name out there!!  I have had several bookings over the last little while, but this ends up meaning that after work and on weekends I am giving my time to my clients which doesn't leave a lot of time for me.  It is like working two jobs!  Don't get me wrong I love it, it just gets tiring.  The goal is that one day I can give more time to my company and maybe leave the corporate world. 
  • My Little Brother got married to an an amazing, sweet, fantastic women almost 2 weeks ago.  I love this girl to death!! She and my brother have been amazing during our first IVF attempt and I know will stand by us for attempt number 2.  I was in the wedding party so there was various events to plan and attend, plus helping to get things ready for their big day!  She looked like a Doll on her wedding day, so beautiful!!!  The day was a great success with an amazing party afterward!  But I was so busy leading up to the big day with work, photography and other things that I had going on I was exhausted!!  It has taken almost two weeks to feel rested again.
  • I have also had to spend some time at the racetrack.  DH and I both volunteer at Mosport International Raceway.  I had to miss out on several events this summer for many reasons so now I feel guilty and I am trying to make up for it in the back half of the season.  This means standing outside in the sun/rain/cold/wind for the entire day while standing 10 feet from cars doing 120 mph!  Crazy I know
So that is just a little of what DH and I have been up to!  I am looking forward to this weekend when I have no plans at all, my game plan is to veg out, get caught up on my TV and try to go towards my goal of an Iron Commenter on Septembers ICLW!

4 comments:

Kathleen said...

i'm w/ ya on the weekend of trying to be an ICLW iron commenter!!! oh the fun i'll have... i hope it rains this weekend so i can sit on the couch and comment away...

just stoping by to say hi from ICLW and hoping that your next cycle starts off w/ a bang.

Lori Lavender Luz said...

Wow. You're going for Iron Commenter? In awe.

Congrats on your new and fabulous SIL!

Sigh. I envy your directional skills.

Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog today.

ICLW #5

rebecca said...

Thank you for your incredibly kind words and stopping by my blog today, you brightened my day:) Congrats on the wonderful new family member...always cause for celebration! That's awesome you're going for iron commenter...best of luck & hope you make lots of wonderful friends in the process! Also sending good vibes your way for IVF #2!!!

JL said...

Sounds like you've been busy! I am so jealous of your fantastic SIL and hope that I have two of those one day!

Happy ICLW!
http://just-two-lines-away.blogspot.com