I have a favor to ask, if you stumble across this blog and you know me or my dear husband in real life, I ask you to understand why we have not told people in our day to day lives what we are going through. Instead of gossiping about us, come talk to us. Thank you.
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, September 20, 2010

Campfire Conversations

A bit of a back story here DH has a friend/colleague that he has know for over 20 years.  He and his wife had gone through several IUIs and IVFs without success,  A few months back I pushed DH to talk to this guy after our first failed IVF.  I have several outlets for my thoughts and feelings but DH doesn't really have anyone.  I guess they talked, had a beer and that was it.

So this weekend we were at our trailer (our camper for my American readers) when a friend approached DH and I as we were standing around the campfire.   He wanted to tell us that he and his wife were there for us while we were going through this journey and if either one of us ever wanted to talk they could give them a call, he didn't know that we were starting again. 

And so the conversation went to comparing who's clinic had the better sample collection rooms, what the chairs were like, what kind of Porn was provided, how long it takes and other adventures in the IVF world.

Only Infertile couples would think that these are acceptable topics of campfire conversation.

1 comment:

threelittlekilos said...

haha! i love that you compared clinics and the chairs, etc. ;) and you're right, only we who have been through these things would think them perfectly acceptable campfire conversations! but anything that keeps our sense of humour up is a good thing. :)

b