I got a phone call at work yesterday and this is how it went
Me: Are you planning on doing laundry tomorrow
DH: Yes, then I was thinking about going over to the Harley Dealership
Me: Why….
DH: Well I just wanted to price out a new bike.
Me: ummmm…..Why
DH: you should see this bike it is really nice (He gives me the model and I quickly look it up on line while he drones on about it's features)
Me: Do you really think we should be spending $20,000 on a new bike right now??
DH: Well I was planning on seeing if I could get it used so it would only be cheaper.
Me: We are living in an apartment and going through IVF treatments at the moment, do you really think you need a new bike??
DH: But did you see the saddle bags on it??
Me: Um, $15,000 would be a nice down payment on a house and could buy some nice baby furniture.
DH: Well the bike could double as baby furniture!
Now I am thinking should I really ask??? Stupid Me, I do…
Me: what do you mean the bike could double as baby furniture, what do you want to park it in the nursery and use the saddle bags as a crib and the seat as a changing table
DH: Exactly what I was thinking!! And just think about it, there is two saddle bags so if we have twins we are all set.
Me: and what do you expect me to do with the twins when you are out riding the motorcycle???
DH: well then the babies can use my side of the bed.
Me: Let me put it this way to you honey, if you go out and buy that bike it will be you sleeping in the saddle bags and the kids will get your side of the bed….Permanently!!!!
Seriously, I think I am going to go insane!!!!!


No comments:
Post a Comment