I have a favor to ask, if you stumble across this blog and you know me or my dear husband in real life, I ask you to understand why we have not told people in our day to day lives what we are going through. Instead of gossiping about us, come talk to us. Thank you.
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, January 15, 2010

Why this blog?

This is my first attempt at a blog to I ask that you bear with me.

Those of you that know myself and my husband may wonder why we don't have a family yet. Over the years I have spouted out tons of reasons and excuses of why we don't have kids yet, but the truth is, we have fertility problems, mainly, my ovaries are covered in cysts. Surgeries and procedures on these cysts have lead to scar tissue on both my tubes basically rendering them useless.

We have already been through a very rocky road, there has been ups and there has been downs, good days and bad days. I am lucky to have such a loving and supportive husband who has been my rock, without him, I don't know what I would have done. He has wiped away my tears, helped to lift my spirits, and was my light when all I could see was darkness.

The main purpose of this blog will be more for me then anything else, it will be a place for me to write my feelings as I go down "The Road to Motherhood". For now this blog is private, I have to invite you to read it. If you do have an invite it is because I feel comfortable enough to let you in on my thoughts and feelings. Down the road, I may open it up so that others may read my experiences and learn from what I have gone through, but for now I am going to keep it private.

I also ask that if you are reading this that you don't share the details with anyone. Many people in my life don't know what I am going though. I have kept my infertility a secret from many people in my life, only because I don't want to answer the questions that come when people find out you are suffering from Infertility. I know people are just trying to be polite, but why anyone would think I would want to talk about my fertility over a lunch tray in the cafeteria, with people I barely know is beyond me. I am going to use this space to speak openly about my thoughts and feelings, which is why for now I am keeping this locked down.

So bear with me as I embark on this adventure into the blogging world, and I hope you will come back to watch our progress.

2 comments:

natasha | sohobutterfly said...

I'm so excited that you're blogging, S! Bloggers are a very cool bunch of peeps, after all. *wink*

I look forward to sharing this journey with you, and watching all your dreams come true.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for inviting me in to share your journey, I am honoured.