I have a favor to ask, if you stumble across this blog and you know me or my dear husband in real life, I ask you to understand why we have not told people in our day to day lives what we are going through. Instead of gossiping about us, come talk to us. Thank you.
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, January 21, 2010

The Journey of a thousand miles starts with one small step

And that first step is today.

This is Day 1.

Our IVF journey begins. I have called into the clinic, next step is I will go in for blood work and an ultrasound on Day 3 and then be given the pill for anywhere from 21 to 40 days.

Right now I am scared, excited, nervous all rolled into one. I can't even begin to explain how I feel. This is what we have wanted for so long now. My thoughts are all jumbled, I can not focus on work, I really wish I could go home.

I am trying not to get my hopes up, really if you look at the odds they are not in our favor, they have a 40% success rate in women under the age of 35. It is going to take everything I have to stay positive.

If you are a prayer person, or just someone who sends out positive thoughts, I am going to need all I can get right now. If you have friends, family member, or even your mailman I take the good thought from them too, (as long as you don't reveal my identity).

Well I need to try and focus on work.

No comments: