I have a favor to ask, if you stumble across this blog and you know me or my dear husband in real life, I ask you to understand why we have not told people in our day to day lives what we are going through. Instead of gossiping about us, come talk to us. Thank you.
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Poop Poop Everywhere!!!

WARNING: This post is not good for anyone with a weak stomach.

I got a little glimpse into motherhood last night at 11:30 p.m. It was not pretty.

DH has gone off to a meditation retreat for the night leaving me at home with my sushi, chick flicks and the two cats.

I was on the couch contemplating going to bed, when I heard Lucy in the litter box, no big deal, and the smell of poop wafted down the hallway, also not unusually.

I got up to grab a glass of water when I noticed what looked like a piece of poop lying on the ground beside Lucy who had returned to the living room. I grabbed a tissue and picked it up, sure enough it was a piece of poop. GROSS!!! As I turned on the hall light to make my way to the washroom to dispose of the little nugget, when to my horror I saw poop all over my carpet surrounding the litter box. YUCK!!!!

I started to freak out, I started to gag, I was about to toss my cookies. My natural reaction is to call out for Mark, ah crap, (pun intended) I was on my own,

I had two choices, Spend the evening in the stench of the poop that was now all over the apartment, or I needed to be an adult and deal with this situation on my own. Now I am not going to lie, I seriously contemplate come up with some sort of excuse of why I was showing up on my parents door step at midnight, leaving the situation for Mark to deal with when he returned.

I thought back to the stories I have heard recently of parents who have walked in on their children finger painting with their own feces so I figured this was good training for years to come.

I grabbed Lucy to determine the problem. After wrestling her to the ground and flipping her over to check out her back end (not easy to do with a cat who has all her claws and teeth), it turns out the poor little furball had too much hair in her poop which was causing it get tangled in her fur.

I get her cleaned up, I have a poop search to find all the nuggets that were stashed all around the house. I scrubbed the carpet to get rid of the smears that were created when the poor little fur head dragged her back end trying to get rid of the cling ons. I Febrezed the entire apartment, got both cats settled down, and headed off to bed, proud that I had managed to get over this huddle on my own.

Maybe I am ready for parenthood.

1 comment:

Alison said...

Poop patrol... excellent training! You have passed this test young jedi, you are now ready! (not that it is any less disgusting, or any easier, especially when there are little hands grabbing at it... GROSS!)