I feel like I am starting to struggle again.
Recently my husband and I have been feeling like we are in the middle of a Shit Fest. People all around us are suffering losses.
We are very lucky that we have not been directly affected by all this death, many people close to us have. Many of these deaths were untimely and unexpected!
The most recent was the unexpected death of DH's partners young son. Tomorrow is the funeral. It is going to be a very tough day.
My mother made a comment the other day that maybe there were so many deaths lately because there is a baby boom going on and room needs to be made.
Well didn't that just make me feel like a load of crap. That somehow my baby is the cause of someone's death to make room for him/her.
Ugh....this all sucks....


8 comments:
Oh No...tomorrow will be very hard. Hang in there...
So sorry for all the recent losses, I'm sure it's hard. And that comment, yuck. That's some screwed up logic.
That is crazy logic. Unless these deaths were caused by starvation then I'm pretty certain that by having babies we are not killing off other people.
Bad things happen in threes. Are you at three? I hope so...then you should be in the clear for a while as it sounds like you deserve it.
hang in there.
oh sara... so sorry about all of the death surrounding you. do your best to try to focus on the beautiful life growing inside you...
and yes, i agree, your mom's logic is a bit nuts.
UGH so sorry your mom said that. Hang in there.
I hear what you are saying...at my hubs work the last 4 babies born have all had issues or ended in unexpected tragic deaths at birth...and gotta love the peanut galleries comments..Oh man:(
I hope you made it through today all right...and, sorry about your mom's comment. I do not think that one (death) causes the other (birth).
oh that sounds emotionally exhausting! Well...I hope you are doing better. That is so sad. Normally it comes in threes.
Post a Comment