I have a favor to ask, if you stumble across this blog and you know me or my dear husband in real life, I ask you to understand why we have not told people in our day to day lives what we are going through. Instead of gossiping about us, come talk to us. Thank you.
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Rough Night last night

I had my first major Pregnancy Mood Swing last night which resulted in my poor husband arriving home to contents of my kitchen in my hallway, and his wife on her hands and knees scrubbing the kitchen floor because the mop just wasn't cutting it.

Yesterday it seems like everyone was trying to tell me what I should be doing.  Hello people I am almost 35 years old I think I can decide what I should and shouldn't be doing in this pregnancy!!!

It seems like these days I am getting crap for every decision we make.  A few examples:

  • People are giving us a hard time for not finding out the sex of the baby.
  • Tied to the not finding out the sex is the issue of having showers before the baby is born rather then after because people they will not know what to buy for the baby.  I know I am going to be faced with a nice case of Postpartum Depression, (when you are already fighting depression in the pregnancy I am pretty sure the odds are stacked against you.).  The idea of sitting in a room with a bunch of ladies while feeling like crap is not something I want to be attempting!!
  • People are giving me a hard time because I don't want large baby showers and would prefer smaller ones, but I guess this pisses people off.  If this bullshit continues I am going to say no showers for anyone!!!
  • My boss wants to move me into a job where I will be sitting in front of a computer all day. No way I will go insane if you move me over there!!  I am willing to go at the end of April but not a second before that, I will quit before I am chained to a desk!!!
My sweet husband did a great job of calming me down,  I still feel like I am on the edge and ready to snap today, but I am going to push through and try not to snap on anyone.

7 comments:

Oak said...

What a bunch of assholes. Seriously. The only people that gave us shit about not finding out the sex were my in-laws, luckily. Pretty much everyone else kept their traps shut. And on the upside, when you don't know the sex of the baby, you register for gender neutral options and people actually buy you what you need, not a shitload of pink or blue outfits you may or may not use. I highly recommend your route and for the people that tell you to have a shower afterwards, just hand them your long-ass registry of stuff you need BEFORE.

I support you. Obviously. :)

Aramelle said...

I totally agree with Oak!

It's mind-blowing how entitled people feel about YOUR pregnancy. We did find out the gender, but we got an insane amount of grief for choosing to keep his name to ourselves until after he was born.

Haidee said...

Oh, for God's sake! Aaaaggghhh! Sorry, but I just get so bloody frustrated with people trying to push THEIR opinions on us especially when it comes to finding out the sex. We decided to find out the sex and you wouldn't believe the number of people who have felt the need to comment on our decision. I even had someone tell me that by finding out people wouldn't be 'excited' for us when the baby is born! Personally, I think it is a decision that is made between the couple who are pregnant and shouldn't be criticised whichever way we decide to go because it is OUR decision. Tell them to butt out. (((BIG HUG)))

PS: Not having a baby shower until afterwards just so people can buy pink or blue is ridiculous! There are plenty of other options!

TJ said...

I vote you only get pink or blue gifts from this point forward for the people who want you to wait until after the baby is born (because apparently, that are the only two colours that exist in their world). I also vote that item is a dunce cap.

Kathleen said...

1) i'm laughing at you on the floor scrubbing hands and knees.. sorry, but its just a cute image.
2) people can suck it! this is YOUR pregnancy and YOUR life. you make the decisions. not them. have the shower when YOU want to have the shower... find out the sex of the baby when YOU want to. and have the KIND of shower YOU want to have... end of story.

agree... people are assholes. :-)

Mrs. Gamgee said...

People gave us a lot of grief for not finding out. The first time someone used the 'but how can you prepare?' line I laughed in their face. How have families prepared for babies for the last several millenia?

I second the suggestion of registering, and directing the intellectually challenged gift buyers to it.

Infertile Farmer said...

You have every right to be pissed about that stuff! That is ridiculous for people to be telling you what you and your hubby should do with respect to finding out the sex or your baby showers. Because this is new to me too, I am thinking of it kind of like a wedding. No one should inject their opinion/judgement on how you choose to do things. This is your baby and you get to do as you please!