I have a favor to ask, if you stumble across this blog and you know me or my dear husband in real life, I ask you to understand why we have not told people in our day to day lives what we are going through. Instead of gossiping about us, come talk to us. Thank you.
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Tough day

Today was a bad day in James' world. 

For the last few weeks we have been having some feeding issues with him. There are days he just doesn't want to eat at all.  He starts becoming dehydrated and we practically have to pour the breast milk into him.  Then a day later he is much better.  I spoke with my doctor about it and she said it is part of his heart defect starting to show signs. 

Today was a bad day.  It started around 3 a.m this morning when James didn't want to eat much, and the same thing happened at his 6 a.m feed.  Then at 9:30 this morning he was struggling to eat at all, it took me most of the the morning to get him to eat a few ounces.  He was also very tired and slept a lot.

Then this afternoon his lips started to get blue while he was eating.  there was not much we can do for this right now other then to keep him calm and bring his knees to his chest. 

It was scary, but I managed to stay calm.  I had been told it was a possibility and what to look for.  I can't imagine what would be like if we didn't know about the heart condition and these blue spells were our first indication. 

So I am super tired. It has been a very long day...James is starting to settle down so hopefully all his sleeping will not make for a long night.
 

5 comments:

Krystal said...

It's heart breaking to see the struggle through infertility to be led into a new struggle in life. I'm praying for you all, especially James! Hope you get some sleep tonight and that things get better for him.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you guys are having such a tough time. Hang in there. I hope tomorrow is a smoother day for you. Hugs.

Keya said...

I am sorry how tough things have been. I hope things will improve with the surgery. Hang in there!

Stephanie said...

Oh wow, that would be so hard! I'm really glad you had a heads up as well so you can stay as calm as possible and help him through.

DandelionBreeze said...

It must be so hard to see your darling little one have these bad days... may the good days increase and things get easier for you both. My heart goes out to you xoxo