for a while now I have had a great sense of guilt because of James' heart condition.
It doesn't help that while watching daytime TV I see tons of ads saying if you took antidepressants and your child was born with a heart defect...blah, blah, blah...
As much as people try and make me feel better, I still had a sense of guilt
Well last night I got a piece of information that makes me feel like this was not his fault.
First off let me say that Tetrology of Fallot happens in 2 out of every 10,000 births. We found out last night that my mom's Cousins' Grandchild just had surgery for Tetrology!!
This boy's Great Great Grandfather and James' Great Great Grandfather were brothers.
It just makes me feel like it was just in the cards and not something that I did to cause it!!


5 comments:
I hope that news gives you some sense of relief and that you can let go of that feeling of guilt. It's NOT your fault! :-) (Tippy)
I am so happy for you that you have some reassurance that this isn't your fault! Now let go of the guilt!
How wonderful to have reassurance that it wasn't anything you did! I hope you are able to let go of the guilt!
BTW, your baby is SOOO cute!
Well duh it's not your fault! All you did was what you needed to do to be the best mom you could be! It still is nice knowing that genetics had a role to play though :)
I am sure that is such a relief to know its not your fault. Its hard not blaming yourself when things go wrong but your son is BEAUTIFUL! And you are a wonderful mommy who loves and adores him!
Post a Comment