I have a favor to ask, if you stumble across this blog and you know me or my dear husband in real life, I ask you to understand why we have not told people in our day to day lives what we are going through. Instead of gossiping about us, come talk to us. Thank you.
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Milk Sharing

I produce double of what James needs.  Each time I pump I get two feeds.  My freezer is filled with Milk and I am starting to fill my parents freezer as well.  I do want to keep some of it, but I won't need it all.

So I am thinking about Milk sharing. 

Has anyone had any experience with this??

Human Milk for Human Babies

2 comments:

Glass Case of Emotion said...

I don't have any personal experience, but as an adoptive family to be, I have been advised to look into it! I think it's an amazing gift that you are considering...

threelittlekilos said...

in australia i know we do have a "milk bank"...for premmie babies and for mother's who cannot produce enough milk; i think it's an amazing thing...and if you are thinking of sharing, then you are amazing too. what a gift to give. :)

i also wanted to comment and say that i am insanely jealous that you are able to produce so much milk! i struggle to prouduce enough for each feeding...and i'm having to top up with one or two feeds of formula. you are very lucky! (just out of curiosity, how much do you pump each sitting? i'm lucky if i get 3oz at one pumping, usually it's about 2.5oz)