I have a favor to ask, if you stumble across this blog and you know me or my dear husband in real life, I ask you to understand why we have not told people in our day to day lives what we are going through. Instead of gossiping about us, come talk to us. Thank you.
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Dear Neighbor

Dear Friendly Neighbor in the elevator,

I don't know you name, I have only seen you once or twice before,

so what would prompt you to ask, "how was your labour??"

Do you really think I want to talk about the stretching and tearing of my vagina with someone I don't know? Do you really want to hear that I tore in two places?? Serious????

Don't get offended when I don't want to talk about it with you!!!

Thanks
Your neighbor that wants to keep her private parts private.

11 comments:

Chrissie said...

Maybe you should just answer them with those exact details- it might convince them not to ask such a personal question to someone they don't know in the future!

Happy ICLW
Chrissie

#23

Joey said...

I'd give some details to make them think twice about asking those kinds of questions.

Or I'd act like I have no idea what they're talking about. Really confuse 'em.

Joey
http://thechildlessmom.blogspot.com

Jes G said...

such a random question..... thanks so much for stopping by. your little man is beautiful!!

AFM said...

too right babies seem to make people think they can ask about the stuff they wouldn't normally ask. some random stranger actually asked if things were back to normal for my husband and i in the bedroom yet ;). Seriously i didn't dignify it with an answer.

Cyndi said...

That is so random! Congrats on your baby boy! New to your blog but I'm excited about catching up!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to your baby boy! Hope his little heart will mend well through that surgery.

Thanks for stopping by and Happy ICLW (#55)

Jessica White said...

Ummm....yea that would be a bit awkward!

Thanks for your comment on my blog.

ICLW
Jess
Life in the White House

St Elsewhere said...

OMG...that's too personal a question, and quite unexpected from an almost stranger.

Maybe you should ask for money to answer that question. Or give her a referral to your doc.

Anonymous said...

Hi from ICLW. That is the weirdest question I have read from a stranger...wow. People are strange!

:)

DandelionBreeze said...

Congratulations on the arrival of your little one... he's adorable :) Thank you so much for being interested in following my private blog... I'll send you an access link. Please let me know if you have any trouble getting through. Looking forward to sharing this journey with you xoxo

Kate said...

Hello from ICLW.

I agree with your other commenters, give her the gory details. And do it with a smile. :)