I have a favor to ask, if you stumble across this blog and you know me or my dear husband in real life, I ask you to understand why we have not told people in our day to day lives what we are going through. Instead of gossiping about us, come talk to us. Thank you.
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, August 26, 2011

I fell...

Yesterday I was out for a walk with James in his carrier.  While walking home I tripped over an uneven patch of sidewalk.

It was like a bad dream. I knew I was falling but couldn't stop it. I tried to get to a tree to catch myself but it didnt work.  As I went down i kept thinking protect James' head. I ended up rolling off the sidewalk onto the busy street. Thank God there was no cars coming. 

James started screaming, I was crying worried he was okay.  James is fine, I am pretty banged up. My knee is pretty torn up and swollen.  Today my right shoulder is really stiff, and my knee is still pretty swollen.  It has been hard to carry Jay all day.
 Ouch






 I keep reliving the fall over and over again.  I am actually scared to go out of the house in case I fall again.  I called the city and they are sending someone out to look at the sidewalk.

I really wanted to head down to City Hall to pay respects to Jack Layton, but every time I tried to get out the door something stopped me, I think the universe was telling me to stay home and rest.

5 comments:

JM said...

Eeek! That is quite the banged up knee! Thanks for the kind thoughts on my blog- I look forward to reading about you guys and the little one!

foxy said...

How scary that must have been! and even with you beg all banged up it is pretty incredible how your instinct was to protect your baby. Staying home to rest sound silk a pretty awesome plan!

Ashley said...

Oh wow that is one banged up knee, glad you are both okay except for a few scrapes and stiffness. Take it easy and enjoy so cuddle time with the little one, I heard that's the best healing medicine.

MICHELE CERVONE SCOTT said...

First, congrats on your little guy! I'm sorry that scary fall happened, but I'm glad you're both okay (and I hope you heal quickly.) (returning your sweet comment about me being a real blogger / ICLW)

Emby said...

I appreciate your suggestion for the femoral massage.

I am so sorry to hear about your knee and the fall. I hope you are able to get out again soon.