I have a favor to ask, if you stumble across this blog and you know me or my dear husband in real life, I ask you to understand why we have not told people in our day to day lives what we are going through. Instead of gossiping about us, come talk to us. Thank you.
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, October 21, 2011

Well that sucked

Happy ICLW!!  If you are new here our history is in the links above!  The Readers Digest version is I am hanging out at home with my son who has a heart defect, trying to keep him well and myself sane until his surgery in December!

We got out of the house today.  I got my butt into gear and we got our to our local Early Years Center.  Everyone keeps telling me I need to get out and meet mommies in my area.

Well this trip was a bust!!


The center was filled with Snotty, coughing toddlers and preschoolers.  Most of them were there with their nanny's who wouldn't even look at me.

There was nothing for us to do, so I stayed for 1/2 an hour and left.  So much for getting out and meeting new mommies.

There is a baby drop in program, the problem is it is during James' afternoon nap.  I might see if one day next week I can switch up his nap and we can go.

Oh well, at least I tried right!!

2 comments:

DandelionBreeze said...

Great that you tried... that's the hardest part. I've gone to a mother's group and left after a 1/2 hour too... hope you find one you like :) Love always xoxo

Tippy said...

Happy ICLW!!! THinking of you and hoping this surgery goes quickly and fast.