I have a favor to ask, if you stumble across this blog and you know me or my dear husband in real life, I ask you to understand why we have not told people in our day to day lives what we are going through. Instead of gossiping about us, come talk to us. Thank you.
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Horrible thoughts

Sorry to my fellow ICLW'ers  I am really sucking at it this week...

Someone made a comment to me today, I said how up until recently I was trying to focus on the surgery.  The answer was, "best to enjoy your time with him and not think about it".

I hate when people say that to me, it always makes me think what happens if he doesn't make it and I look back and these are the only memories I have of him.

Morbid I know...but every time someone says that it is just where my mind goes!!

Ugh just under 6 weeks to go....

6 comments:

KnottedFingers said...

I'm so sorry you had such an insensitive comment. It's normal to think the thoughts you do.

I have opposite comments. While I'm grieving and posting about what I regret while my child lived.... idiots tell me 'well you can't change anything so why let it bother you?'

Seriously? People think this stuff is helpful?

I'm visiting you from the ICLW

Jamie said...

We all know what's it like to have our brains go immediately to the morbid. It's part of what we're going through, what we've been through, and what we'll struggle with for the rest of our lives.

Sending strength and calming vibes your way!

ks said...

Oh I'm sorry for that insensitive comment someone made! That's horrible! As parents we always have fear even when our kids are healthy! I can't imagine the feelings you are experiencing! Please know your family is in my thoughts and prayers.

threelittlekilos said...

obviously this person has no idea...what an insensitive thing to say. :( you can't help thinking what you're thinking, that's a completely normal reaction to being scared. sending you strength for the coming weeks.

JM said...

I'm sure people don't mean anything hurtful by it- I'm sure we all say insensitive things that we totally don't meant to, that just strike a nerve with someone in the wrong situation.

I am so, so sorry you happen to be in one of those wrong, awful, horrible situations. I hope you find some peace and that these six weeks go by faster than you think.

Tippy said...

i agree, that person has absolutely no clue.