I am finding that each day getting closer to the surgery the more I am struggling.
This weekend we had James baptized and it was stressful. I am finding that since I can't control James' health, so I am trying to control all other aspect of my life. The problem with this is that everyone around me is giving me a hard time about it. My father got mad at me because I bought the food rather then let him make it all. But I needed that control. I know my family and In laws think I am a bitch right now because I am being very controling, but this is what I need to do for my own sanity!!
We left James with Grandma for the first time over the holiday weekend. Up to now at least one of us was always with him. I was panicky about it and some people were giving me a hard time about it. Yes I know my Mother in law raised two boys, but neither one of them had a heart defect.
It doesn't help that our doctors have asked us to avoid letting James get sick by keeping him away from people who are ill. Gee that will be easy during cold and flu season. People think that I am just being overprotective. But I feel this overwhelming urge to protect my baby. I am not letting him get passed around because I don't know who is sick and who is not, who has washed their hands or not.
Ugh.....


2 comments:
((HUGS))
You are his mother and you know what is best you both. I know it may be hard for some to understand why you are doing something but you have James best interest in mind. We had issues with family over my decisions with the kiddos but I finally quite or tried to quite worrying about what they thought and just did what I felt was best. Now with that said I don't have any kiddos with heart conditions or anything major like that so I don't know what you are going through but I am thinking about you and praying for you all especially your sweet little man:)
Sending you hugs and support.
Post a Comment