I have a favor to ask, if you stumble across this blog and you know me or my dear husband in real life, I ask you to understand why we have not told people in our day to day lives what we are going through. Instead of gossiping about us, come talk to us. Thank you.
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Getting Frustrated

Okay I am getting very frustrated here.

No matter what I eat, no matter how close I follow the Gestational Diabetes, no matter how many or how few carbs I eat my blood sugars keep climbing higher and higher.

At first we though it might have been because I had a faulty machine, but I am starting to worry it is more. I told DH is would not surprise me if I was on Insulin by the end of next week. 

I am still beating myself up a bit, wondering what I am doing wrong. 

Am I eating the wrong things??  I only eat foods off of the Eat this list.

Also being sick I haven't had an appetite, so here I am trying to do the right thing and eat everything I am suppose to, but it makes me feel worse.  So explain to me how I am eating less but my levels are going higher and higher?? 

It doesn't help that I have to justify everything that goes into my mouth to a dietitian and my Diabetic nurse.

We see the OB tomorrow and I am not hopeful about this appointment.

2 comments:

happymomof4 said...

They have told me as your pregnancy progresses your " needs" change i.e for me my insulin needs change even though I could eat the same exact thing I did last week my body responds differently to it. I will also tell you stress and emotions effect blood sugar drastically!!!! My blood sugar was high because I got emotional over something, it's crazy and of course the guilt is unbelievable! Hang in there, I am thinking of you! ((HUGS))

marilyn said...

oh no! I wish I knew what to tell you. Shoot! thinking of you:( And please if you have time after your doctor's appointment let us know what is going on.