I have a favor to ask, if you stumble across this blog and you know me or my dear husband in real life, I ask you to understand why we have not told people in our day to day lives what we are going through. Instead of gossiping about us, come talk to us. Thank you.
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, May 14, 2011

30 Weeks

I am offically at 30 weeks.

I can't believe that in 10 weeks or less we are going to be parents!!

Things have been up and down with the gestational Diabetes, I think I have everything under control.  I finally decided to stop listening to what the "so call experts" were telling me and figure it out on my own.  I have figured out what foods are spiking my blood sugars and avoiding them.   Mo is pressing on my stomach, so I find I am getting full much faster most days.  When I was trying to eat everything on the meal plan I was feeling bloated sick and gross. I am eating until I am full and not trying to eat everything they are telling me to eat.  

I had a bit of a melt down this week over my Endocrinologist.  But I am over that now and don't really want to rehash it for now.

I have noticed my anxiety has been higher lately but I am sure that has more to do with the stress being put on me by doctors then anything else!

My sweet sweet Mother in Law bought me my first mothers day present from Mo last weekend.  It is a little care package of everything we would need for Mo's first day or two of life!!  Last year I never thought I would be getting a Mother's Day Present!!  What a difference a year makes!!

Sorry for the blury picture
My Mommies Day Present

13 comments:

marilyn said...

That is good! Go with your gut.. Literally. :)
That must have felt so great to get that present!!!

tishi said...

Good for you....your the mama now you have to listen to yourself and make the big decisions. The doctors are there to tell you about the "what if" ext. can be quite stressful, just do what's right for you and your babe!! Love the care package, SO CUTE!!

threelittlekilos said...

congratulations on hitting the 30 week mark! and how exciting when you put it the other way -- only 10 weeks (or less!) to go until you are parents. :)

Stephanie said...

What a sweet gift! Glad the GD is getting under control.

heartincharge said...

aww. sweet gifts. don't baby clothes make it seem so real?

Anonymous said...

Happy ICLW! Congrats on your pregnancy! I too, had success after 3 IVF's & had gestational diabetes as well. It's rough, but so well worth it & I did the same thing, & was stressed out by my endocrinologist too! I look forward to following your progress :)

Kristin said...

Good for you for figuring out how to handle your GD. and, what a wonderful first Mother's Day gift.

ICLW #6

C said...

Congratulations on your pregnancy! Wishing you the best!

Krissi said...

I'm so very excited for you! You're getting so close! I would love to feature your success story on my blog! Here's the link to the the Q & A format I use. Thanks in advance! Happy ICLW! (#55) http://stressfreeinfertilityblog.com/2010/01/17/calling-all-success-stories/

♥ Cass & Shane said...

A big congratulations to you and your husband! Wishing you all the best and happiness in the world!!

ICLW # 23

Nikki said...

Here from ICLW -

Congrats on making it this far! You make me really excited and hopeful and I'm going to be keeping you in my thoughts.

Nikki

Corinne said...

Happy ICLW! First, congratulations! What a great present from your MIL! So sorry for the GD, hopefully by listening to your body and avoiding foods that are causing the blood sugar spikes you will be able to keep everything under control for the next 10 weeks!

Anonymous said...

hi - stopping from ICLW
wow, what a story (just finished reading your "about me" section

I just found out yesterday I am pregnant - and I really, really hope everything will be perfect

and here I find you, 26 weeks down the road from me - this is encouraging! Good luck with the remainder of the pregnancy!