I have a favor to ask, if you stumble across this blog and you know me or my dear husband in real life, I ask you to understand why we have not told people in our day to day lives what we are going through. Instead of gossiping about us, come talk to us. Thank you.
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, March 25, 2011

Update - 23 weeks

So a little update on where I am.

We had our second Anatomy Ultrasound and things are good, I was a little upset because I really couldn't see much with the way the screen was angled, and then I had to lie on my side away from the screen so that made me sad.

I also had a Placental Scan last week.  Apparently there can be placenta issues with IFV pregnancies, so they check to make sure all is good and I checked out.

I also had a visit to the Maternal Infant Mental Health Clinic for a little check up. I sometimes feel disconnected from this pregnancy.  Not that I want to do something horrible, but even with this living being  inside of me kicking, I sometimes feel myself pulling back and not wanting to get attached to it.  Like this could be some cruel joke that someone is playing on me and there really isn't a baby in there.

I was told that everything I am goign through is normal for someone who is pregnant after IVF.  Every Time I hear this it makes me feel a little bit better.

So this weekend DH and I are going to register at Babies R Us.  I hope that once this is help this feel a little more real!!

6 comments:

Tina said...

What you are feeling is totally normal! I felt like that for a LONG time...so much so that I was really concerned that I was going to have some attachment issues once my little guy got here. Then I felt guilty that I felt disconnected, and I beat myself over that! But, in my experience, it was love at first sight--no attachment issues here. :)

tishi said...

I'm a Doula who has worked a lot with woman who have become pregnant after IVF....often times they have a hard time believing this is real until the baby is here, its completely normal. I'm pregnant with my first after IUI and I feel that way a lot too....Shopping helps!

AnotherDreamer said...

Glad things are going well :) I hope they continue so! Very exciting about registering.

Nick and Kristi said...

Hey girl to feel that way when pregnant is normal...For me I felt that way because of all the loss...but dont worry once you start having your showers...getting gifts..picking a name...working on the nursery...and just get to the end you will start to connect and for sure once baby is here it will be love at first sight...something deeper than you have ever felt and all the pain and misery will go far far away and your heart will be filled with love:)

Angie said...

I'm glad things are well with your little Moe. Thanks so much for your support, too. I'm so grateful to have my bloggy buddies! You all have kept me sane this week! (By the way, my word verification letters were "Lanif" as in the "land" of "IF." Ironic, huh?)

heartincharge said...

Hope Babies R Us was fun and that it helped you feel a little excited!